Listed below are RESOURCES designed to assist you in your path to become an architect; specifically, it includes the following: Associations, Articles, Books, Websites, Diversity, Youth (K-12), and Beyond Architecture.
By no means is list is exhaustive. Contact a local architecture firm, an area architecture program in architecture, or your local library for more. If you find a valuable resource, please let us know and we can add.
CAREERONESTOP: Your source for Career Exploration
ARCH PROGRAMS: Full listing of Architecture Programs in searchable database.
CAREER PROFILES: Read about architects in traditional and non-traditional careers.
BEYOND ARCHITECTURE: Resources on careers "beyond architecture."
SCHOLARSHIPS: Review scholarships from both national and local connections.
COLLEGE FAIRS / CAREER DAYS: Listing of annual Architecture College Fairs / Career Days held each fall.
American Institute of Architects - Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857.
American Institute of Architecture Students - is an independent, student-run organization dedicated to providing unmatched progressive programs, information, and resources on issues critical to architecture and the experience of education.
Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture - is a nonprofit, membership association to advance the quality of architectural education.
National Architectural Accrediting Board - accredits professional degrees in architecture offered by institutions accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards - NCARB members are the architectural registration boards of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and three U.S. territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). -- Destination Architect
National Organization of Minority Architects - has as its mission the building of a strong national organization, strong chapters and strong members for the purpose of minimizing the effect of racism in our profession.
- Architecture for Teens by Dr. Danielle Willkens
- The Architecture Student's Handbook of Professional Practice, 15th Edition (2019).
- Introduction to Architecture by Francis D. K. Ching (2012).
- Latinas in Architecture by Alicia Ponce, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C
- Your Guide to a Career in Architecture by ACSA, AIA, AIAS, NAAB, NCARB, & NOMA (2021)
- Why Architecture Matters by Paul Goldberger (2011).
- Architect Magazine
- Architectural Record
- Black Architects in the Making (BAM) - Orlando
- Black Spectacles - ARE Prep & Software Learning
- Design Disciplines, Whole Building Design Guide
- Madame Architect
- Portfolio Design
- Speed Mentoring
- Those Amazing Architects
- Young Architect
- Beyond the Built Environment
- Diversify Architecture
- National Organization for Minority Architects
- NCARB / NOMA Survey on Pursuit of Licensure
- The Directory of African-American Architects
- Archie Architecture
- Architecture, Building, and Construction Links for Kids
- Architecture & Design Resources for K-12 Students - Boston Society of Architects
- Architecture at Home Resources - Center for Architecture
- Architecture for Teens by Dr. Danielle Willkens (Review)
- Center for Understanding of the Built Environment
- Discover Design - Chicago Architecture Foundation
Kid Architect Goes to Columbus, Indiana by Gary Vance (2019 )
Kid Architect Goes to Indiana by Gary Vance (June, 2020 )
Kid Architect Goes to Moody Nolan Architects by Gary Vance (2021)
- NEXT cc
- Next Great Architects
- Resources for Kids: Michigan Architectural Foundation
JOB / CAREER SEARCH RESOURCES
- A.R.C.H.I.T.E.C.T. - Acronym for Job-Searching
- 20 Skills of the Career Search
- Sources of Leads
- When Hiring a New Designer
- Architectural Internships: Summer 2022